Wildlife Hides : connecting people with wildlife
Wildlife hides have always played an important role in helping to connect people and wildlife. Regretfully our very presence is all too often enough to scare away the local birds and animals. Consequently some form of a hide is a very welcome facility that protects both us and the surrounding wildlife. For some species it is absolutely essential. Nature reserves have always recognised the value of hides. As a result there are very few nowadays that have not installed at least one. The rapid increase in digital photography and the expansion of social media has only fuelled this need for easy access to the natural world.
Benefits of a miniHide
miniHides are ideal for everyone who loves to watch wildlife. Great for small spaces. Loved by children. Indispensable for wildlife photographers. They retain the solid design features of larger, bespoke public hides but offer some very important unique features.
Small, quick and simple to install
- Ideal for gardens, school grounds and bird feeding stations.
- Wildlife is ruled by the seasons and each one can vary enormously. On larger sites the ability to easily dismantle and re-site a miniHide maximises the opportunities available to follow the seasons. It can also be a very welcome feature when looking for new sites with some landowners. miniHides are light and quick and easy to install. Transport is usually not a problem.
- miniHides offer minimal disturbance to wildlife. Stay hidden and watch wildlife in peace.
- Observe natural behaviour for breath taking wildlife photography and effective conservation surveying.
- With the use of specialised “one-way” glass you really do become invisible to the wildlife. They cannot see you, even if you wave around your arms, but you can clearly see them. Top quality glass does not affect the quality of your photographs.
- By being discrete miniHides also reduce the possibilities of vandalism and offer improved general security.
- Wildlife is rarely predictable and long waits are frequently required. It is a therefore something of a necessity to remain warm and dry and ready for when the action kicks in. Some of the best photographic opportunities occur during rain, snow and other conditions that can make outdoor photography tricky.
- The installation of a single miniHide offers a very cost effective method of watching wildlife at unbelievably close quarters.
- The installation of additional miniHides offer a very flexible and cost effective method of introducing wildlife hides to much larger sites. They can optimise wildlife watching opportunities according to different seasons and even times of the day.
Want to find out more? I’d love to hear from you.