miniHides – connecting wildlife and people.
We are busy developing an exciting and brand new range of wildlife miniHides that have been specifically designed for just one or two people. They are designed for everyone who loves to watch and photograph British wildlife.
miniHides retain the solid design features of larger, bespoke public hides but offer a number of very important unique features. I have summarised what I consider to be their main advantages below.
I am continuously assessing new design features for these hides and expect to optimise a variety of viewing windows over the coming winter.
Early Spring (2017) we installed a limited number of hides at a few carefully selected locations in Suffolk. Designs were fully tested and optimised.
A special one-way reflective glass renders the occupants completely invisible to the outside world. You can see them but they cannot see you. This completely changes wildlife watching.
- Natural behaviour is easily observed
- Wildlife feels confident to approach mush closer
- Less need for heavy and expensive lenses when photographing
- Less disturbance to the visiting wildlife.
Goes without saying really. A miniHide offers:
- less disturbance to wildlife
- lower capital and maintenance costs
- fast installation without the need for heavy plant
- easy installation using volunteer groups
Careful design offers easy dismantling and re-siting of miniHides
- follow the seasonal activity of wildlife with a single hide
- easy return to workshop for maintenance and repairs
Gardens, big and small
- Create your own ‘Springwatch’ style studio.
- Practice your photography
- Enhance and expand your visitors’ experience with one or more miniHides that will blend into your reserve
- Offer ‘Executive’ style boxes for optimal wildlife watching
- Offer new and professional opportunities for wildlife photography
- Improve your ability to survey and monitor your wildlife
Caravan and camp sites
- attract more wildlife and visitors to your site
- demonstrate your commitment to the environment
- provide new experiences for your visitors to remember your site
Farms and estates
- Promote wildlife friendly practices
- Improve observation and security of your land
- Add new revenue streams